BEL260 Preparatory Course For MUET
Course:Preparatory Course for MUET
Contact hours: 6
Prerequisite: Consolidating Language Skills/or Communication Skills
This Course equips students with the skills and strategies to perform effectively in the Malaysian University English Test. It covers major aspects of Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening.
At the end of the course, the students should be able to:
1. Acquire the appropriate skills and strategies to attain a band 4,5, or 6 in the MUET
2. Read and respond to academic texts.
3. Plan and write an essay based on the requirements of MUET.
4. Take part in a discussion according to the requirements of the MUET.
5. Listen and extract information.
Ponniah, A et al(2009). Stride Ahead Pearson Malaysia Sdn Bhd